FFf Eclectic Red Barn: A Broken Plant Stand and Memories

Monday, February 15, 2016

A Broken Plant Stand and Memories

Preserving memories is important to me. I love to surround myself with keepsakes that remind me of family. I hold on to almost everything.(which is probably bad) I have every picture and trinket that my grand kids have done for me. Do you save tons of keepsake items?


This plant stand was my grandmothers. It wasn't in the best of shape, but because it was hers, I had to restore it.
Eclectic Red Barn: Broken plant stand


I love little plant stands like this because you can use them in so many ways. This one is going to be a side table on the deck.
Eclectic Red Barn: Updated Vintage Plant Stand
Not only was the top cracked but the legs needed to have new screws. Needless to say, it was not very sturdy.
Eclectic Red Barn: Broken Plant Stand
Some screws were replaced and the top was glued together.
Eclectic Red Barn: Repaired Plant Stand
 Once the glue dried, I sanded the top and then painted it. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Painted Plant Stand Top
I was going to leave it like this, but then I had this stencil from Martha Stewart that I purchased at Home Depot
Eclectic Red Barn: Martha Stewart Stencil
 I wasn't sure I liked it but decided to put it on all the corners.
Eclectic Red Barn: Martha Stewart stencil on plant stand


Eclectic Red Barn: Martha Stewart stenciled plant stand


 I could always paint over the stencil in the future. 

Eclectic Red Barn: Repaired and stenciled plant stand
For now I like it. That's the great part about furniture, you can always change it. At least it is restored and usable and this keepsake will last awhile longer.

The post A Broken Plant Stand and Memories first  appeared on Eclectic Red Barn

Linking to these parties:
Brand Logo HMLP 2015 ©The Scoop 210-1new party picgrab button for The Cottage Market

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...