FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Antique Fireplace Grate Decorated for Christmas

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Antique Fireplace Grate Decorated for Christmas

We have a working fireplace, but must admit that in thirteen years we have never had a fire. We just don't get that cold here in southern Florida. 

I purchased this Antique Cast Iron Fireplace Grate Log Holder Coal Box Mantle Insert with Fleur-De-Lis Pattern a number of years ago. My sister and I went to a barn sale and in the corner was this grate. Needless to say, I fell in love with it. When I asked the price, I almost fell over - $5. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Antique cast iron fireplace grate



When I moved to Florida, it was in my barn for years.  The piece is so heavy. I finally brought it in. I cleaned off the dust and gave it a good cleaning.  You can see some rust, but that's OK.

I wanted to decorate it for Christmas this year and so I did.

I had some birch logs from my tree up north that I also brought down with me. 

Add some greenery, berries, pine cones, sprinkle some lights around and you have  a decorated fireplace grate. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Decorated antique cast iron fireplace grate for Christmas

I am not showing you all of my fireplace, since my husband has promised me a mantel this year. He has said that the last few years but I am holding him to it this time.  Right now it is just sitting in front of the fireplace screen. I'd like to change that out one of these days.


Well, I am off to do more decorating and see what other goodies I have in the barn that I can use. So look around and see what you might have just waiting to be decked out for the holidays.



Linking to these parties:

1-meet-up-mondayThe Creative CornerShare the Joy every Monday at LizzieSomerset.commakers-gonna-make-link-party-pngThe Dedicated HouseTHE SCOOP #251- The best place to find all things home and garden on the web!linkup, link party

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...