FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Simple Shamrock Banner

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Simple Shamrock Banner

I don't decorate a lot for St. Patrick's Day but as I was looking for something else and I found some supplies that would make a great shamrock banner - so I did.

This banner went together so quickly and you probably already have all of the supplies to make your own banner.
Eclectic Red Barn: Luck Shamrock banner on fireplace mantel
You could easily modify yours using supplies that you have on hand and they would be great. 

Tutorial for making a Shamrock Banner:
1. Gather your supplies. I used green felt, some green burlap ribbon and some Scrabble tiles. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Supplies for making Shamrock banner

2. I made a paper cutout of a shamrock. Then I cut out equal number of felt and burlap ribbon shamrocks. If you don't have felt or burlap ribbon, you could use colored paper. This would be a great project for kids to do. (Green on the bottom and white on top)


Eclectic Red Barn: Two shamrocks cut: place one on top of the other

3. Once they were all cut, I used some hot glue to secure the burlap one onto the felt one.


Eclectic Red Barn: Shamrocks cut: place one on top of the other

4. Once I had them all glued, I placed a Scrabble tile in the center.  If you don't have scrabble tiles, you could place letter stickers, buttons, beads in the center or leave them plain.

5. I hot glued them onto a piece of jute to hang on my mantel.


Eclectic Red Barn: Shamrock banner on fireplace mantel

I wrote Luck O' Irish, but it is hard to see. Next time I should make the shamrocks larger. There you have it, quick and easy.


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

The post Simple Shamrock Banner first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
{nifty button}The Creative CornerShare the Joy every Monday at LizzieSomerset.com1-meet-up-mondayDagmarBleasdale.com, Dagmar's Home link partywow-me_thumb1_thumb1

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...